Where to start: pre-application requirements
Contact a nursing advisor to review your unofficial transcripts and to verify that you meet the following pre-application requirements:
- Current RN license in Oregon or Washington. Must have WA licensure by start of program
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institution
- Minimum grade of 2.0 in each prerequisite course as well as an overall prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or above for the following: Intro to Psychology, Intro to Sociology, Statistics, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Nutrition
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (calculated from all college courses)
- Current nursing experience (preferably two years)
WHAT’S NEXT? ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
After it has been determined that you meet all of the requirements, you will be contacted by the academic coordinator and asked to complete and submit your written interview questions. You will also be advised on the completion of the following two courses, which will help bridge your current bachelor's degree to graduate level course work in nursing.
- NURS 360 Professional Nursing Concepts & Issues (2 credits)
- NURS 440 Community Health Nursing Concepts (2 credits, increasing to 3 credits fall 2014)
NOW APPLY TO THE RN-MN PROGRAM
Upon favorable review of the written interview questions and successful completion of NURS 360 and NURS 440, you will be contacted and given instructions on how to apply to the RN-MN program. During this process, you will be asked to submit the following:
- Written goal statement congruent with program’s philosophy & focus
- Official transcripts from all previous college-level work
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- Application to the WSU Graduate School completed online
YOU’VE BEEN ADMITTED. NOW WHAT?
Refer to the Admitted Student Checklist for information on what to do now that you have been admitted to.